Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SleDDinG

Today has been anticipated since we moved here, maybe even before then.  Everywhere we lived before we moved to the Helena Valley, my kids had a sledding hill within a 100 yards from the house.  When we lived in the flat valley by Lake Helena, they were extremely disappointed.  Even sliding off the loose haystacks wasn't good enough.  So, when we moved here and they saw the potential sledding options, they were ecstatic.  That is exactly how I would describe them the second they got in the car at school this snowy day.  I knew that the second we pulled up to the house they would be off like rockets, getting their snow gear, and heading the 100 yards out the front door to their new sledding hill.  They loved it!  It will probably take a few good days to pack down a good trail, but look out when they do.  I think KwinLee and Spencer could be professional sledders.




 I love the energy sledding burns.  What comes down, must hike their little tails up!

2 comments:

whitey said...

That is a good size hill! You got brakes on those sleds I think they will need them.

Nettie said...

I remember when Dad took Cheryl and me to the top of Burton Lane (at the first curve up) when it was still a dirt road and the railroad tracks were still there. Dad would get on his belly, then Cheryl on top of him on her's, then me on the top on mine. Dad would use his arms would give us all a push to start heading down. It was such a RUSH!!!! We would stop at the tracks, then head back up for another. Those were some great memories! Looks like your kids are having a blast. We are getting dumped on right now, so maybe when y'all come again, they will beable to find a great hill.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.