Thursday, May 13, 2010

I thInK I CaN

It seems strange for a 31 year old woman to be amazed at a simple thing such as getting a few good grades. But I have to say, after 12 years of what has felt like dormant brain activity, I am a little proud. O.K., so maybe it hasn't been completely dormant, but I promise you one thing, my vocabulary has changed, but not strengthened in the last (almost) 11 years of mommy life. My multi-tasking skills have definitely been kicked up a notch, my patience has increased, and every fiber of my being has felt love of all kinds. And to my astonishment, it has all made me a better student.
I know that some may think I am crazy, but I enjoyed learning again. Well, learning of a different sort. Not the kind that wakes you up in the middle of the night, crying and you are learning the lesson of why mixing sugar and carnival rides makes for a really long night for you and the groaning kid. Or, the teaching I received from my daughter when it comes to her fashion and tastes. Not that kind of knowledge, because I have had a lot of that. But the kind that makes you use big "words" and out of the ordinary numbers.
So I finished my first semester back at college the second time around. I earned A's and 9 more credits. I don't know what my future holds. My life is going to change in the next month or so, and I might have to once again put things on pause. But I now know that I can do it. And that is a touch satisfying in my simple mind.

....As for an update on our life. We our waiting for 1 possibly 2 interviews in the next week or so, and from there we will see what our life will bring! We could be moving to the middle of nowhere, or the middle of nowhere, or to a destination yet unknown! You know me, I will keep you posted on "further developments" as my wise old dad says!

1 comment:

whitey said...

Love your ATTITUDE!! And that picture of Kwinlee is so pretty.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.