Saturday, May 8, 2010

SmeLL oF BurNing FleSh







I don't know why I am so attracted to this. But I love branding season. Nothing like the smell of burning calf flesh, crap all over you (sorry), rope burned hands, gritty eyes and teeth, and all the glory that comes with it (no glory really). The kids love it too, well except for maybe #3. Hyrum is missing in these, cause the kid didn't want to miss school, but as soon as school was out, he was in the thick of it. As I type they are getting dressed and ready to head off for another one. Extra laundry and long showers tonight!

2 comments:

whitey said...

These are all wonderful pictures that Reed cracks me up!

Chantel said...

Just wandering through blogland on a rainy afternoon and I had to stop--oh, how your pictures bring back memories! *wistful sigh* I was raised on a ranch in Colorado...and now I'm trapped in Pittsburgh. (chuckle) What we do for love, eh?

Branding season rocks.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.