Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Summer!

Last night we worked out in the yard as a family. And by that I mean, I mowed the lawn, I raked 2/3 of it into piles, I loaded them in the back of the truck, and the kids played. Of course Mike got off of work and came home to weed whip and help me get the last few piles before we were struck by lightning and the rain started to pour (like a cow peeing of a flat rock, as Mike says). This marked the beginning of summer, right!

Kids are out of school and we are having a great time.... What will I ever do with them for the whole summer?

This morning we woke to having no power... None. A fine feathered friend (or should I say a fried feathered friend) flew into the line by one of the boxes and burnt itself to a crisp. That was interesting for the power company!

While waiting for the power to come on, we finished the chores and headed out the door to go to "Mommy's Exercise Store", as Hyrum calls it. They like to go into the kids room and play, while mommy sweats blood and tears. Actually, I truly love to get in my TLC and CMT time while saying I am pushing myself on the elliptical or treadmill or bike!

Today, having more ambition then I should have, I worked out on the elliptical pushing myself and then went to the weights. You think that would be good enough for a girl my age and condition, but no, I saw that a class was about to start and so I decided that I needed to join in the torture. Barbell class, working my muscles from head to toe ( and then back again!). By the end I was a shaking and quivering, but oh so proud of myself that no one had to call an ambulance. Of course, because I still had a pulse, and no brain to go with it, I decided that 50 mins of torture in one class was not enough and stuck around for 25 more mins. of an ab class. I was lucky enough to walk out the door and not start the crawling until I got out of sight of those in the gym.

From there we headed to Costco. Shopping is one of my most favorite things to do with kids. Hyrum was upset at almost everything today. And he let all around know about it. Reed, who was disguised as a walking cowboy hat, was pestering his older brother to no end. Including touching the watermelon, that of course was meant for only Hyrum. We had to get dog food, yep, try picking up 50 lbs. of dog food when your muscles are shaking so bad you can barely breathe. It made it to the bottom rack of the shopping cart, leaving to much room in the top that I felt I needed to fill... GRRRR. After paying for the groceries, we headed out the door. On arriving at the car, I rushed the two little boys into the safety of their seats. Why, because it was hailing/sleeting, with heavy wind gusts, all at about 38 degrees..... (yes I know it is warmer to not live in Montana!) After safely securing them, I proceeded to open the back to load the groceries. Well, an avalanche of items fell out of the back. Mike's Father's Day presents, the church bag loaded with books and crayons and markers, and my sanity. I hustled around getting all picked up and placed back into the Suburban, haphazardly, and started loading the soggy groceries. I managed to load them with only a scrape on the back of my arm and a goose egg to the head, along with being soaking wet. But they are now safely delivered home and most of them put away. Myself, well, a hot shower never sounded so good!

It is the beginning of SUMMER!!!!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.