Monday, June 16, 2008

The Front Yard

Well, we had a good Father's Day if I do say so myself. We had time together and Buzz and Sharon over for dessert. Then with the kids urging we set up the tent, we as in Buzz and Mike, I looked official and gave directions, helping to problem solve ;). We then decided that the whole family would need a night out in the tent. YAY! It was fun. We gathered every blanket we could find along with all the sleeping bags. Plastered the kids under them and then threatened them not to move. Of course they had to get up to go to the bathroom, so we had to do it all over again.

Hyrum begged for a story to be read, and wouldn't you know it, he fell asleep before it was even half through. The rest of the kids endured the rest of it and then fell asleep. At least until all the trips to the bathroom started. I being the leader of the pack. At one point I walked past my soft cushy warm bed to go to the bathroom and put on a warm sweatshirt to sleep in, and I thought "How crazy is this, I am out there freezing on an uncomfortable bed when less then 100 feet away is the bed of my dreams". But I survived.

At one point Reed was sound asleep without any covers on, I froze just looking at him. Spencer woke up with his teeth chattering saying he was having so much fun. We kept putting the extra blankets on him, but some how they kept ending up on his sister, who stayed warm all night. Hyrum, well he fell asleep first and woke up last with no complaints and the want to do it again tonight.

So, you guessed it, I will probably be spending another night listening to teeth chattering, coyotes howling, dogs barking, husband barking at the dogs, and all the other unidentifiable noises that I did not want to know what they were for sure!

1 comment:

SandyKay said...

Awe the joys of motherhood ~ You're a good sport! This is a great blog. Keep sending me the updates ~ I love to read them.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.