Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ramblings

Here I am again. It has been a great week. We have had Cenzi here for the week and the kids have enjoyed getting to spend time with her. She has introduced KwinLee to a somewhat different "girl" lifestyle. They have played with their stuffed animals while swinging swords and wearing capes. They have talked about Hannah Montana while shooting hoops and playing make shift baseball. Do you see tom boys in their future? Cenzi has even sat down and read stories to the little boys, making their day. Unfortunately, their is not enough of her to go around and everyone wants to be with her.....

We went to a free early viewing of "Journey to the Center of the Earth". The kids really liked it and it was entertaining to watch them. Cenzi laughs every time she thinks of the young teen age boy saying, "I got dibs on the Mountain Guide" and Spencer was fascinated with the dinosaurs and lava. KwinLee liked it when they rode the T-Rex skull down the mountain through the grapes. Hyrum just said it was really cool. A few of the scary parts would come and KwinLee would lean forward and whisper in a very loud way, "Mom I'm Scared!" I would tell her it would be ok. As for Hyrum, when the scary parts came along, he would just put his face closer to the popcorn bucket and start shoveling it in even faster!

I was able to take little Hyrum, who informs me on a regular basis that he is not my baby anymore he is my big boy, to Costco all by himself. This is something I have not done in years with just him and only him. That kid talked so much I could not believe it. He had my undivided attention and was not going to let one second of it go by without sharing with me his insights on life. He was a little disappointed when I did not let him get a watermelon, (because mom I yuv them) but yuved it when I bought him his very own slushy!

Reed has found a new love, the passenger seat in the swather. Buzz has been knocking down some serious hay and for an hour or two here and there has taken Reed out with him. The first time Reed went he did not speak for the first few rounds because he was so fascinated. But after awhile he used his big boy work voice and conversed with Buzz in his own little way.

We went the to lake on Thursday and the kids played in the water. Except for Reed of course who ate sand again and drank that lovely lake water. Can we say Giardia. He has been suffering from bug bites that swell up and make his body look somewhat disfigured. Last night at the kitchen table I about started crying when I looked at his face and saw a huge swelling between his eyes on the bridge of his nose. He looked like a Cling-On, you know from Star Trek! This morning he still looks pretty rough and the swelling is putting pressure on his optic nerves so his eyes are doing funny things to top it off. Sure hope the Benadryl starts working soon!

KwinLee and Spencer will be especially sad to see Cenzi go. They have had so much fun with her here and I have to say, we kind of wish we could keep her for awhile longer. But I know how it is living without your baby and your mom. So I can't blame them for wanting to be reunited....

Well, now that I have bored even myself, I guess I will go and do more chores!

1 comment:

Nettie said...

I love reading your blogs and seeing the pictures of all the kids and you and Mike. Keep em' coming, ok? Dave stopped and seen your dad a week ago Monday on his way to Montana. How close to the towns of Helena, Great Falls and Missoula are you? I flew up to Billings last Friday to meet up with Dave. We came home down through the North end of Yellowstone. Read my blog. Love you KD!


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.