Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Keeping our Minds Busy

Keeping busy has been our theme for getting through our recent loss. We have tried our hardest at keeping the kids minds occupied and active. But the bonus is the time we are getting to spend with them. Mike's days are letting up a little, meaning we see him before it is dark outside, and so he has been able to join us as well.



Saturday we went to Exploration Works (the kids place) where we enjoyed time playing with all the "science stuff". It was Mike's first time there and I think he enjoyed it as much as the kids. The good news is we have a year pass to go and so I think we will be utilizing it more now that he knows what it is all about. The cool thing is they have a play room for little tikes that keeps Reed and Hyrum happy as well. Mike also treated the kids to a ride on the carousel and we also had pizza. It was just a fun day for all of us and the kids liked having time with mom and dad both. It is rare that we have Mike home all day on a Saturday.



I started work yesterday at Fuel Fitness. I get free membership there and I also get paid to watch kids for 4 hours 2 days a week. Not to bad of a compromise, especially because I get to have my boys with me. After work I came home and got kids ready to go to the lake. Our friends own a boat and thought it would be a great idea to take our whole family out on it. We had so much fun. It has been a long time since I have been out on a boat and I enjoyed it immensley. Not to mention the kids loved it as well. They had an tube that they pulled behind and the kids loved riding in that. Hyrum was the bravest and kept yelling "faster". Their daughter who is in her early 20's rode with the kids. Mike and I had to take our turn as well. The goal was to see how long it would take to get us off the tube. Which was fine the first time we both went off we took the fall some what graceful. But the next time I went off was another story! As I was whipping to the side at a high rate of speed I hit a wake that threw me to the side and I literally skipped out across the water . Funny thing was, I thought to myself, I am not flat enough to skip. Once I caught my wind and could breathe, I was laughing at how hard I flew. Mike's second time flying off was farily similar, but he did not skip, he sank. We both woke up a little stiff and sore, I guess it is just another sign that our age is catching us!

2 comments:

whitey said...

Sounds like a great adventure you and your family had . No to crazy about the being whipped around on a tube but then I am to old to bounce or skip like that.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

I wanna know how you felt the next day? Sounds like a great time.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.