Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Reed's Surgery

Reed doesn't know what he is in for!
Minutes before surgery...
Minutes after surgery......
Reed with his bear.....
Reed, packed his trunk and was leaving!

Reed made it through his 7 hour surgery and did well. He was such a trooper through it all. He stayed 3 days in the hospital, and got the drain out on his third day. He was so good and when ever the nurses or doctors would do something to him he would say thank you and then bye, trying to get them to leave. He loved his little car that sat parked in his room. He drove it all around the hospital. Sometimes he would shut his drain in the door, he would growl and then make it right. No slowing him down. He would take his sippy cup and bear with him on his journeys. His final journey was after he watched me pack all of our stuff into a wagon and he followed me and the nurse out. He knew we were headed out and every person he passed from the fourth floor down to the first floor entrance he was giving them a very excited "bye".

He is home and doing wonderful. He has slept great and does not complain at all about pain. He still hates his medicine, it takes two of us to get some of it down him. He is most happy to be back with his dad and on the ranch.

We are just so greatful for the tender mercies and wonderful doctor....

5 comments:

whitey said...

Glad Reed is okay he is so adorable with his big brown eyes!!
Now I want to know why you did not tell me you had a blog I have lots of old posts to catch up on.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Um, same here. Your in big trouble.

So glad he is doing well. Think of you often...

Nettie said...

Really glad that Reed is doing so well and that you are all safe and back home. That was a long time in surgery for him! He is such a cutie! I was glad to have been able to visit with Hyrum too. Give all of them my love from Aunt Nanna. Like I told you a couple of weeks ago,....I loved reading your posts and to keep them coming, ok? Just no more "bad news" ones tho'. I hope the kids and you are all doing ok with the loss of Kelpie. I loved her too!

Kare Bear said...

We are glad to hear that reed is doing so well and everything went good. love kari, kyle and girls.

whitey said...

Kadie I have tagged you read my blog


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.