Monday, December 8, 2008

OHHHH CHriSTmAs TrEe

We went for a "drive" yesterday and happened to be up Soup Creek, which is the ranch's private ground... While we were there, I saw a tree way up on a very steep side hill. My wonderful husband took his climbing gear and scaled the mountain. He rode this tree down and after all that I decided it would be the tree, no matter what! So as you can see we decorated it as well......

Reed thought that one little section was his and he put as many ornaments in that section as he could... hanging them off the lights!
So I let the kids do the majority of the decorating and decided to just let it be, except for some of the ones on the lights of course. Mike cut them trees for their room and told me to decorate mine how I wanted, that they could do their own. But I informed him that their will be plenty of years that I can have the tree just like I want, and only a few years of having little helping hands decorate it how they want. So, here is the finished project. ....




4 comments:

SandyKay said...

It Looks GREAT!! That's what I decided too this year. Cy had a blast and did pretty well. I stayed in the kitchen so that unsolicited advise was not given.

Stephanie said...

I would say that those talented children of your did a pretty fantastic job. Way to take a step back and let them be a part of the family tree.

By the way, who are you and what have you done with my sister???

Janna said...

looks awesome. Way to go and thank goodness for husbands! :) I've got a cheap old fake tree, I'll have to remember that next year.

Nettie said...

KD,....you are right! Enjoy those little hands helping to decorate your family Christmas trees for as long as you can. They do grow up and I more than anybody knows that you end up doing it all by yourself eventually. It's one of those things that has taken me a long time to get use to. When I do decorate mine and Dave's tree,...tears come to my eyes because I remember when,.......I love you KD!


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.