Saturday, March 28, 2009

HaRdTwiSt

Grandpa Dick, what a great man with a wonderful posterity. I say this because there is part of him that runs through my wonderful husband. I am sure that the love of good horses comes through the blood line of this man. The love of a good dog as well, and I know that is how our Jiggs got his name. He passed the love of ranching down the line and it always made Mike happy to be able to tell his Grandpa that it still runs thick in his blood. I often think of Grandpa when I hear Mike walking around with his spurs on, and anyone who knows that sound I am sure thinks of Grandpa as well. One year Grandma gave Mike some money to buy something that reminded him of her, and he bought a pair of spurs. Odd to some, but to those who knew how she would listen for Grandpa's to jingle in, they know this is a reminder of both of them for Mike.

Grandpa was one that enjoyed enjoyment. He loved to golf, bowl, take the family to eat to Chuck-A-Rama, and made sure that the game of Cribbage was passed down (with all the rules as well!). He in fact was the reason that my wedding gift to Mike on our wedding day was a Cribbage Board, that we have used many a time. He is also the reason my husband has such a desire to ranch in Wyoming. There is no doubt that he lives on through his children and grandchildren. He will be missed, but I hope that he is dancing with that beautiful woman he was so fortunate to call his wife!!

2 comments:

whitey said...

Good to give credit where credit is due, what great traits that have been passed down.

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

Thanks Kadie for that beautiful tribute. It made me cry.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.