Saturday, April 4, 2009

A DaY WiTh ThINg 1 & 2

I did it. I spent a full day without thing 3 and 4, and put my whole attention and time towards KwinLee and Spencer. Their request for what they wanted to do in the big civilized Utah was to go to the "Bigger Nacle" and see Temple Square. No malls, no movie requests, no Lagoon (although they now know it exists), nothing else but to go there.


It was a great day. We had so much fun together. I loved being with just the two of them out and about. They said that they really enjoyed themselves as well. I asked Mike when the last time I had a whole day with just them and he said before Hyrum was born. Which is probably true. I surprised them by taking them to the Imax theatre afterward and they thought 3D was pretty cool. They were so good for me and they told me thank you a ton of times. I just am lucky to have these two.... And a special thanks to my mom for watching the the other 2 wild things, she did employ others to help!

4 comments:

whitey said...

Glad you had fun on this visit missed seeing you this time, looks like you had a day full of fun.

Stephanie said...

How fun that the two older kids got to spend a special day out with their mom. It reminds me of the school holidays when Grandma Hess would take Tracy and I to Temple Square in both Ogden and Salt Lake. Even though we had all the movies and exhibits memorized it was the place we always chose to go. We had the adventure of riding the bus into "town", then we visited Temple Sqaure. Grandma always took us out to eat at the ZCMI lunchcounter afterwards then we visited the candy shop. Those are some of the best memories I have from my childhood. It is wonderful you were able to give Kwin and Spencer some special memories of their own. You are never to old to want "alone time" with mom or dad.

Nettie said...

Looks like you had a very special day with #1 and #2. Glad I got to see you and two of the boys. It was nice to visit a bit with you.

Kare Bear said...

It was fun seeing you guys... Sounds like you had an eventful vacation!!


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.