Friday, April 24, 2009

BraNdInG

Mike on my horse 36. He is a good looking horse, although he was not having the best day.
Spencer was able to get his first time ever of roping in the branding trap. He was a little frustrated and it took him awhile, but low and behold he caught one. Not only did he catch one but he caught one the "cowboy way" by both back feet. And where was I with the camera. Well, I waited with anticipation for about 45 mins. and then when I left to get KwinLee from school..... He caught. Over 8 camera phones were there and yet everyone was so busy cheering they didn't think
to take a picture.

This is Spencer on his trusty steed Gunner. Gunner is an old pro at the branding thing!

Here are some unedited, random shots I got. I love taking pictures at the brandings.


5 comments:

Nettie said...

Kadie,...I love what you did with the pictures! Such BIG news about Spencer. He's really growing up. I was just over at Grandma's and brought up your blog for her. We both agree,....'36' is a beautiful horse! She thought the post was really cute too!

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

Hi, It has been so long since I have checked blogs. Loved the branding pics. Tell Spencer I am proud of him. That is awesome. We had so much fun at Easter and I meant to tell you thanks again for all of the great things you did for the kids and for the delicious dinner. It was wonderful. Loved the Easter day. I will remember that day forever. It was such a beautiful day.

whitey said...

Great pictures love the colors in the wood fence the cowboy resting up against. COWBOY UP!!

Natalie said...

For some reason the link to your blog wasn't on my own blog, so now I'm just catching up. I love what you wrote about Grandpa and Mike. Your kids are so beautiful and sweet.

GrandmaNutt said...

I know that this will sound corny but one of my fav TV shows is Dancing w/the Stars and my fav celebrity dancer is the 'Cowby/Rodeo champ'. So great to know that I have a cowboy side of the family out west, roping, riding, and rousting with the best.
Y'all do us proud!


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.