Sunday, November 29, 2009

ThAnkSGivInG 09'

And the days that followed!

This year, for the first time ever, it was just Mike and I, and the kids for Thanksgiving. Mike had to work a good part of the day (only breaking for my race and to eat), so we stayed close to home and made our own quaint little day. This year I chose to have each of the kids pick a menu item and then spent time with them making it. This was so much fun. KwinLee learned how to make homemade rolls, Spencer made some awesome deviled eggs, Hyrum made pumkin pie (did you know that singing to the pie crust makes it tasty), and Reed made sweet potato souffle and hearing him pronounce it makes a person giggle.

Mid morning we took a break so I could run the 5K Turkey Trot. I beat my time from the last 5K, so I was happy. We then took a quick ride around the auto mall to peak at vehicles (the dreaded day of needing a newer reliable vehicle has come)due to some major problems and money to be spent in the near future!

We had our great dinner around the 2:30 ish hour and then as Mike headed back out the door, the kids and I just chilled. I did dishes here and there (ones that Mike didn't do before he left again, always helping) and we just relaxed. Of course at some point I had to get the Black Friday ads and make a game plan (and it worked well).

3:30 am Friday found me getting ready to go shopping. And I did and I was somewhat victorious at saving money and coming in under budget for every kid!!

Friday night (thanks Boyd and Diane for watching the boys while we shopped) and Saturday morning found me doing the car salesman shuffle. We had a plan and when we went to the dealership to sign papers, Mike had a "feeling" and so we totally changed our mind and went a different route. Mike got an early Christmas present of a 6 passenger truck that will be the family vehicle. Now I am in search of a little "jitney" that gets good gas mileage and is cheap for driving around town.

That was our last couple of days and it has been good to have the kids home. Hope everyone else has enjoyed time with family and friends and great food! Oh and my pictures that I took on a camera with no memory card in it will have to just be burned forever into my mind!!

4 comments:

whitey said...

You are up early this morning! Sounds like you all had a nice day.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

You wanna mazda?

Sounds like your holiday was wonderful. I remember the first year mom and dad and just "our family" had thanksgiving at home, and I LOVED it.

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Sorry that it didn't work out for us to get together but maybe we can work something out at Christmastime. Congrats on you race and also on the new vechiles. That will be great for you guys.

Stephanie said...

I'm hurt! No mention of the phone call from your sister in China. Guess I won't be calling anymore. So, are you going to post pictures of the new vehicle? You could always "rent" the Jetta while I am out of the country.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.