Wednesday, September 3, 2008

If only there was more time in a DaY!

Well, we made it back from Utah ( a very quick trip) in which my two little boys did well under the circumstances. I worked a half day on Thursday and then loaded them into the car and we were on our way. We stopped briefly in Lima and then cruised into Kaysville, after being detoured to another exit and me making a wrong turn at about 9 pm. My wonderful Grandma was waiting there with her beautiful home already and willing to take on the wild boys I bring.

The next morning found me taking Vallume to deal with Utah, ok, I actually took it to go get a root canal, but it doesn't hurt to have some when your visiting happy land. I found out that it does have quite an effect on me as I was falling off beds and saying things I don't remember saying. After 3 hours in the torture chamber, the dentist, I escaped and headed off to help mom with wedding and bridal shower stuff. We headed into Salt Lake at about 2 to go and pick up Cali's wedding dress, which upon arriving found out was not done being altered. We then headed to Reed's dr.'s appointment as fast as we could in Salt Lake traffic and walked in only 5 minutes late. Which we then waited another hour to see the doctor whom told us to wait a couple of weeks and see what happens, he wasn't sure what was going on! Yay.

We then dashed out into rush hour traffic (5:15) and headed at a high rate of speed back towards Syracuse. At one point I am sure we hit 45. As I became frantic and fun to be around, (sorry mom), we dashed into the house to get what we needed to go to Cali's bridal shower, which we made with 2 minutes to spare. I of course was still looking like the Vallume dazed, person who had sat in a dental chair, shopped at Wal-Mart, drove in Salt Lake traffic, wrestled 2 little boys for over an hour in a doctors office, sleep deprived "hottie". But the shower was a success and here is a pic of the Beautiful bride to be.....


Oh and Grandma too. She loves to have her picture taken about as much as I do.

The next morning I headed out with great intentions of getting an early start home. I helped gather pictures for the wedding frames that will be displayed, packed us up, called a friend and his Fiance' to see if I could pop in and say hi, and gather what items I needed to go with us for decor purposes. Of course, the picture gathering took longer then I expected and the friends wanted to meet for lunch. Did I mention that these friends were planning a wedding in just a few weeks time for family reasons. The bride to be was headed out by herself after lunch to go dress shopping. I decided that I would invite myself to go and took the boys back to my "brother-in-law" to be, who watched them while we went dress shopping. Can you believe she found a dress that fit exactly what she was looking for at a store just a few miles away from her home and it was the only dress she tried on. She was gorgeous in it. I wish that we could be there for that wedding, but it conflicts with my baby sisters! I still love her though!!!

So, as this story gets longer, I finally left Utah at about 4:30 in the afternoon with full intentions of staying the night in Lima, but then Mike told me how he just washed our sheets and that tempted me all the way home to my own bed which I crawled into at about midnight. Ahhh. That is where I am headed now....

2 comments:

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Um, one question. Mike washes sheets? Wow. Jealousy kickin in. It was fun to see you, though I only got sober Kadie. Valume Kadie would have been fun too. See you Saturday!

Kare Bear said...

I love the shower pictures. It was fun that night.We are really looking forward to seeing everyone up in montana this weekend at cali's wedding.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.