Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In Memory of My Youth!

In memory of the youth I once had I decided to post some of these pictures this day. I woke up this morning with mixed feelings of there go my 20's and being young to, maybe now in my 30's I can be taken more seriously! A friend told me not to long ago that the 30's were the best. You were more patient, had more things figured out then in your 20's, you were more at peace, and you still were not falling physically apart. I have thought a lot about what she said and decided I would totally accept her evaluation of it. Why you ask, because as of today I have no choice!



I am the young one of the group! Do you see a little of Reed in the picture
above?


I loved our blue healers and this black horse. Most of all I think I loved being the baby of the family.... But now I truly do love the "Baby of the family!"
I guess the days of being the young one of the group are gone, but I do have a lot to show for my twenties. Like the first ten years of my marriage, my 4 children, and hopefully some maturing!




Oh to have this body back! Pre-Kids, sagging, extra weight, age spots, wrinkles, and all that comes with aging oh so gracefully!
I know that there are those out there moaning at me because they have passed there 30 mark and are going on to other marks beyond, but I can have this moment can't I? Ok, I'm over it! Now I will go have a great day and bask in the attention from my wonderful little family that loves me even if I am old and frumpy!

4 comments:

whitey said...

Could you be celebrating a birthday today????? Or as Dennis would call them "One day closer to death day" he is such an upbeat kind of guy. Love seeing pictures from the past loved the disco background my kids have some of those somewhere.Now my mind is gone have I already posted??

Sioux said...

You're NOT frumpy...and may you have a great birthday. You've got a darling family, and such a handsome hubby. Have a HAPPY year!

Nettie said...

Happy Birthday Kadie! 30 years old,....I remember we were living in Alabama and had just been called from Atlanta where Dave's sister had just given birth to there long awaited baby girl. It took them 13 years to get pregnant! Anyway, I was talking to your mother that same evening when she told me she was going to have another little one. I was so excited! Do you still have that footstool I needlepointed for you to match the lime green gingham in your room? Love you Kadie! Hope you had a wonderful day and your family spoiled you with love and attention!

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Ok, I'm turning 28, and that is so close to 30! the funny thing is, I feel 21, till I'm around someone who is 21, then I just think, GROW UP!! Geez, young punks.

You are so wonderful. Happy Birthday, if that is the inspiration behind your post...


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.