Thursday, November 20, 2008

SiCk is IcK

Well, the season has started! The flu season in the Briggs house, that is. We have been battling colds and stomach flu for the last little while. And let me tell ya, it has not been fun. Reed sits now on my lap with a fever he has been running for the last 24 hours, and I love to snuggle him...but! Last night he and his very sick dad did not let me get very much sleep.

Today I covered for Mike at work, which meant giving full grown pregnant cows 2 shots in the neck while they were flailing around in the squeeze chute... One cow ripped the gun for shots right out of my hand and another jammed it back at me making me stab myself in the finger. But oh, ranch life is good...

Hyrum and KwinLee seemed to have taken their turns with the flu bug, as well as me.. But I haven't officially taken a sick day! Spencer seems to be keeping it at bay, hopefully for his sake he will continue to! I dislike this part of life, especially when my kids and husband are sick... I feel so bad for them, and it wears on me! But Life is still good..........

3 comments:

whitey said...

Sorry to hear about the all the sickness, hope you can skip your turn on this one.

Nichole said...

Oh no! I hope that doesn't keep you from going to the movie with us tonight. I hope everyone feels better soon.

SandyKay said...

EWWWW So sorry ~ Cy and I were actually thinking of coming over this weekend ~ probably not such a good idea. You know me and my flu magnet!!! Be well all of you and tell Bubba to hold out and be strong against the dark side!


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.