Friday, November 7, 2008

HaLlOwEEn! (take 27)




Well it took me forever and a lot of tries to get my pics to come up, but here they are. Halloween was a great experience for the kids and we had fun watching them get a thrill out of it.....

Reed was a Cowboy riding a horse. We started with two other costumes and he wanted nothing to do with them. He had seen this one in the store and his heart was set on it.... Of course I modified it with the pants and boots! I don't know how many people told me that it fit him! We went to a costume dance and watching him dance with the horses head flopping around was quite a riot. But what really got us laughing was when he would fain dead in front of the cute little girls and they would come and do chest compressions to revive him. I laughed so hard I could barely get a picture taken!


The last time we were in Utah, Aunt Tracy took the kids to the place in the Layton mall to build stuffed animals. Hyrum picked a dog and then dressed him up as a fireman and named him Hydrant. So we found a costume that matched and they were the fire fighting duo. This fire truck was outside on display of the main street!


Spencer was a blood hungry vampire.... He wanted to be a vampire so bad. It was hard for me to give him fangs and the Dracula look after reading the Twilight series. He just doesn't fit the bill... But he was a great vampire!



Then their was our Hannah Montana. KwinLee hated the wig because it was giving her headaches and it itched, but she was a trooper! The best thing was she just didn't go as Hannah, but as Miley too. Several people commented on the fact that she looked like me as a blond.


We had a great night and it was fun because we were also celebrating a week of having Mike home..... I have been pulling extra shifts at work the last two weeks for a girl who got to go to Australia with her husband..... How lucky is she! So I have been getting behind again, but hope that a quiet weekend will help change that. Mike is gone again this weekend moving cows, but it is good because we have been able to have him home earlier at nights since the time change and we get to spend time with him then..


Parent teacher conferences were last night and of course they had to tell me how unruly my children are. KwinLee's teacher said she should have made up stories about her so that we didn't hear the same old, same old. But hey, who tires of getting told how brilliant and well behaved your child is. I mean she is my kid!!!! (ha, ha) And Spencer's teacher was very happy with him as well. He is reading so well this year, above his expected level. He does very neat work and is a polite young man, the teacher said. Now if we could get a little speed into him we would be set! But his report card was awesome, and I can tell he really likes this teacher by how he performs for her. I will have to keep this in mind when he is 30 and looking for a prospective wife. Maybe one a little less intense then his mom!!!





4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The pictures of the kids are great, Kadie. Very fun costumes. Spencer looked pretty scary as a vampire which is quite a funny choice for a costume if you know him. The story about Reed pretending to be dead is hilarious. Where does he get these ideas? Hyrum was a very cute firefighter and KwinLee made a great Hannah Montana. I have to say though, even as a blond, she still looks more like Mike than you.

Nettie said...

Ditto on want Aunt Stephanie said about the costumes. They were all so cute! Diana was a witch with a broom but doesn't like hats so she went without. I was over at Grandma's when the other kids came by also. What fun it was! (Verification word is "popem". Don't have to imagine what that one means). I have to tell you girls when your mom and I were over at grandmas and we were showing her how to make comments to blogs, the hardest to read v-words would come up. After so many attempts "Blogger" thought we were really stupid so it finally gave us a break and put up a really easy one to read. We laughed and laughed about it!

whitey said...

Love the spooks they look like they all had fun and I guess you did to from the sound of it.

Nichole said...

I thought Reed's costume was especially adorable!


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.