Thursday, October 23, 2008

BeTweEEn FriEndS

Last December I was walking through a store and saw this bronze statue sitting on a shelf. Immediately it brought a chill to me, because it was so perfect for Mike and I. (not that I look like the skinny cowgirl, but...) the title of the statue was between friends, and that is how I feel about my husband. As I sat there and stared at the statue, trying not to think of the price, the words to this poem came to me. Needless to say, for Christmas he opened this statue and on a paper, hand written, was the poem I wrote to him. I told him that later I would do it up better so that he could have a nicer version, but he adamantly refused to give up the hand written copy. So, I made this version up, just recently, and decided that I would print it for him and let him do with it what he wanted.....


Between Friends

Sharing a night at a hometown dance
Trailing cows, catching a meaningful glance
Saying goodbye and parting their ways
Only to find each other after hundreds of days.
This is what happens between friends.

A beautiful night when he said “ I love you”
A proposal of marriage not out of the blue
Some planning of details, then came the day
They said yes to forever and were on their way.
This is what happens between friends.

The loss of a baby they suffered together
The birth of four more to have for forever
The hard times that came trying to pull them apart
Never succeeding because they share one heart
This is what happens between friends.

Starting out knowing they’d be great friends
Going against odds and not keeping with trends
They now have a love that’s been tested and tried
And know they can make it with The Lord on their side.
This is what happens between friends!

5 comments:

Sioux said...

This is such a beautiful poem with wonderful sentiment. You're quite the talented gal...
I love the new banner - if one of them babies didn't have a flowery headband on, I'd swear they were all the same kid! Clones?

whitey said...

WOW!!How sweetly done, you truly have a way with words. But it is understandable Mike is a great guy and you both together are a match in the grand corral of life

Nettie said...

KD, that was absolutely beautiful! It ran chills up my spine,....really. You have always been very special, and Mike is the best. He is so well thought of, and darn it girl!, you couldn't have picked a better man than he to be your "forever" best friend and hubby! Love you both!

Stephanie said...

You wrote a beautiful poem Beth. That statue does fit the two of you perfectly. If I had seen it in a store I would have thought instantly of you and Mike. You two have a beautiful family and an enviable relationship.

I like the new layout for your blog. It looks really good.

You definitely see some family resemblance between the pictures of Kari's kids and your kids.

Kare Bear said...

Wow! This is so beautiful. I love it.Love the new blog page.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.