Sunday, October 5, 2008

Potty TRaiNiNg!!!!

Well, it is kind of exciting to think that I have bought my last package of diapers. The last package and I am ok with that. We are geared with Mickey Mouse, Lightning McQueen, and Elmo Undies, and we have been training away. We as in me, Mike has been gone.

I finally bit the bullet and decided that I would take on this adventure of getting Reed out of diapers and onto "big boy status". I have officially been changing diapers for 9 years straight and in which some of that time I was stuck with double duty (you know when you have two kids in diapers!).

I forgot how much fun it is to take several changes of underwear, pants, and socks wherever you go. Because when they pee their pants it is a direct hit on all items of clothing. You just have to pray thath the underwear, pants and socks absorb it all before it puddles into the bottom of their shoe or on the floor. But most of all, who doesn't love washing out poopy underwear. Oh yes, and your vocabulary becomes so advanced. You know you find yourself saying Poop and Pee about 50 times a day.

So far it has been going pretty good, in fact yesterday was a no accident day. And the two days before that were only 1 accident days. That is how you measure your life while going through the experience, by how many accidents you have a day..... Or at least the trainee has. Today we have gone back a little and although we celebrated the fact he told us this morning he needed to go and was succesful. Later he proceeded to have an accident at the church and while playing outside. The one outside was not a friendly one and he had a present for me. Needless to say I am snffing cinnamon apple spray trying to get the smell out of my nose that was left from the present....

You can't help but giggle a little when standing in a populated public restroom and you are encouraging your young ones to "go pee' and they look at you and say "It not work mamma, it's broke!" Everyone on the other side of the stall is giggling at you while you sigh a big sigh hoping the broke part will soon be working again!

3 comments:

whitey said...

Oh the *joys* of motherhood! Good luck and may you be blessed with extra patience at this time.

Unknown said...

oh no... 9 years of diapers are still looming in front of me! and i was crazy enough to be a nanny and take a whole year from someone else too! at least i missed the potty training by a few weeks.

bsstockdogs said...

Can Seth come to your house for awhile? Maybe if he saw Reed liked to use the potty, he'd think it was cool, and get some sort of desire to use it too! I could leave him until he did...I'd pay you...:)


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.