Friday, October 17, 2008

STuckKk In A RuT!

Have you ever felt a little dragged down, and can't quite figure out what it is that makes you feel in a funk. I mean with me it could be several things, the fact that I am starting to miss having my husband around and the few hours I get each week just doesn't seem to be enough, or my house is not in the shape I wish it was and I can't find the ambition to make it so, or the fact it has been a year since Kelpie came into our life and now I realize once again how much I miss her, or is it the fact that I know that several members of the family will be getting together and picking pumpkins "celebrating Grandpa and Grandma's tradition" while I sit miles away.

I love where we live, I love the so many wonderful friends I have here, but every once in awhile, I miss family. I know how fortunate I am to have a close family, and sometimes I think that we are close because we aren't living right next door to each other, so we appreciate each other more. But I miss them. I miss the silly things we do when as sisters and mom get together and it gets late at night. I miss the fact that it is pure chaos when our kids are going every which way, but only a little. I miss ganging up on dad together with my sisters and giving him heck, or telling him over again all the corny jokes he told us for so many years. I miss Stephanie's laugh when you think you might have to do CPR because she quits breathing, or Tracy's way of shooting water at long distances because she is the "Gleek Queen" and her laughing at us because she thinks it so funny when we think we are funny and we really aren't, I miss Char saying "nuh-uh" and getting to tease her about being Myrtle, I miss my baby sister Cali who can make us all laugh while letting us all know that she is the #1 in the family, I miss my MOM reminding me of how much I am like her in so many ways even though she tries to blame my dad for the way I am, I miss seeing my dad pull funny faces at my kids, the same funny faces that he pulled at me when I was little.

I don't say it enough, but I truly love my family. They understand me, they know me, and they still put up with me. I know that when I am having a bad day, "sorta like today", I could pick up the phone and call, and they would make time for me. Yes, it is true, we fight, we argue, we are female sometimes....but we are human, and the Fry/Hess genetics do run through us!!!!

So, I am stuckkk in sort of a RUT. But I will pull through my lonely day, and I will do it because not only am I blessed with a great family, a wonderful husband, terrific kids, and amazing friends...I realize all the time, I don't have life to bad, at all!

6 comments:

Nettie said...

KD,.....I wish so bad you all from up there could be here today. I wanted to cry (infact I did) when I read your post because I more than anybody understands what it is like to be away from home and family. Especially the family. I hated being away from everybody, during the 'special events' that took place. Just know that your Aunt Janette is thinking about you. If you need to call just to chat, I would love to hear from you.

Mike and Kadie Briggs said...

Thank you Aunt Janette, just knowing that you are thinking of me is touching my heart! I hope it was a wonderful day!

Kristin and Seth said...

Oh I am so sorry, missing family is so hard. I love that you are so honest and so genuine, you are a great friend and a great mother. Hang in there, and hopefully you will be able to see your family soon.

Stephanie said...

I understand where you are coming from Beth. I have been in a funk myself the last few days so I could relate to this post. I had a good cry when I read it and remembered that I too am very blessed and I'm where I am supposed to be.

whitey said...

I have been stuck in more than a rut more like Grand Canyon!! Can only hope things start to improve I guess we need to go find some ladders??

"Jo" in many sizes said...

I'm going to pretend not to read you high school post, so I don't have to do it. I can't answer some of those answers honestly, and not offend some people!!

I was stuck in a major rut on Sunday, I think something must be in the stars for this week. We missed you guys on Saturday, pumpkins should be on the way up!!

Hope you are feeling better now...


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.