Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mike's Best Fishing Buddy

Yesterday we found out that Mike's best fishing buddy returned home to Our Heavenly Father. As much as we are glad she is no longer suffering, she will be very missed. Mike loved his Grandma so very much and has so many memories of her. He loved to go fishing with her. He loved going to stay with them for periods of time, especially when they lived at the Rife Place. They would go out fishing to their favorite spots and best buddies they would be. She loved to have fun.
I remember when she taught me the game Pollyanna and that their were no "nicies"! I also remember that on one visit to their house she made salmon patties (I had a loathing for fish) but I ate them for politeness and ended up loving them. In fact now I have broadened my horizons and eat fish a lot. I also remember her sitting and telling the kids the story of Pandemonus (sp?) and we recorded it on video tape so that we would always have it.
She was a very special person and meant so much to so many. There are not enough words to express what she has meant to Mike and I, so most of all, we loved her and were grateful to have her in our lives....

5 comments:

whitey said...

It sounds like a life well led, lots of good memories to have and to share. Sorry for your loss Mike along with the rest of your family.

Nettie said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful grandma. Sorry for your loss. It sounds like she will surely be missed by all.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Sorry to hear of your loss, but many great memories to comfort too...

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

Thank you Kadie for that beautiful tribute. I know that she would have loved it. How did you take that picture with Luke and her. I cried when I saw it because I was not able to get a picture of her with Luke with my camera. What a treasure. Could you email me that picture. Hope you all can make it down for the funural. Let me know.

Unknown said...

pandemondous!! oh i love that story! and sleeping on the cot and going to black and white days and using the magnifying glass to fry bugs. i love our family.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.