Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hold You Momma

Little man has been clinging to me the last few days, saying "Hold you Momma." Which of course means he wants me to pick him up and hold him becuase he is miserable. Then I pick him up and snuggle him close just to hear, "I want Daddy." I know I am second in his life, but that is ok, I am dealing. This week I have been told, "No Doctors Momma" as well. Monday we got the suggestion that we should get his tonsils out along with his adnoids, due to their size and the problems they will cause him. That night he started running a fever and 3 days later we have a sinus infection and a double ear infection. I guess we will be scheduling surgery, much to my dismay!


As hard as times get with this little tough nut, I just look at this picture (one of the only ones I have of him in the hospital) and think, we have come along way and he is tough. As hard as it is for me to have him look at me with sadness everytime I take him yet again to see another dr., I remember he is resilient and hopefully one day he will either forget about it all or just love me anyway.

Sorry, I am done. Just kind of been a rough day and I needed to depressurize. In the morning I am sure his fever will be better and the antibiotics will be running their course. Hopefully he will get some much needed sleep.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry your baby is sick. I know how it tears you up when he is not healthy. You are right, though. He is a tough little guy and he will survive the surgeries and doctor visits. I think of him last summer with the draining tube telling his nurses, "bye-bye" and looking very sad as he was being poked and prodded, then getting down and spending the next hour pushing that car around the hospital. He will be okay.

His momma is another story....=)

I had forgotten how much dark hair he had when he was born. It was fun to see that picture.

Let me know when you schedule surgery. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs and kisses to all.

Happy Valentine's Day!

whitey said...

Hope he gets to feeling better, I still have memories of when I had my tonsils( not bad ones) out I was about four. He surely has had his share but in the long run he will be healthier once they are out I know with Kacy she had a complete trun round after she got rid of hers.

Kristin and Seth said...

I am so sorry that your little guy isn't feeling well. He is such a sweet little boy! I have no idea what it is like to put your child through surgery, I can only imagine how hard it is. He is lucky to have such a great mom and dad to lean on. Hang in there. Please call me if you need anything.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Nothing is worse for me than going into the dark knowing my baby is sick. I get a little panicky. How heartbreaking, No Doctors Mommy! Mom bought Hadley a little toy dr kit after her hospital stay, and she even took it in to the Dr for her app. Worked a little, though!


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.