Friday, February 20, 2009

Lil' MiSs SmarTy PanTs


My little girl is growing up fast. This picture was taken of her in the first grade and she is just getting so much bigger and smarter. I am not just talking about book smart either. She is entering into that stage where she pops of comments that are out of the blue and very witty. Mike and I find ourselves saying, "Where did that come from," which then in turn is followed by us usually laughing. I say usually because every once in awhile, she crosses some boundaries of being funny, to being a smart allic. But what can I say, she is my daughter and well, I have been known for being the same way!
Yesterday we were at the breakfast table and she commented that Hyrum's ecosystem was off, and I asked her if she knew what that even meant, and her reply was, "Mom, he is in his own little world and he has his own ecosystem too." Of course if you know our little Hyrum, this was hysterical to us. I also love it when she mumbles things out of hearing range (so she thinks). For instance when I am hurrying the kids out the door and she decides she has the wrong purse or needs something out of her room and I tell her she does not need it and to go get in the car, as the door is shutting I hear, "Watch out boys she's gonna blow!"
Or another one of my favorites is when she is quick and at the right time she recites a quote off of one of the shows she has watched like (ASAP and I don't mean act swiftly awesome pacaderm). And then there is the time she drew Bob on her hand and does this reciting thing and when it is all done she has a picture of Bob after he gets smushed by the bus.
I can't believe she is getting so big, so fast. And I have to say, teenage years are looking , well um, adventuresome!

2 comments:

Nettie said...

What fun it is to be able to see these kids grow and develope their own personalities. It makes me smile. What a cute post Kadie! She is a sweetheart!

Stephanie said...

You wonder where she gets it from?!? This child is definitely a product of her two parental units. The comment about Hyrum's ecosystem is pretty funny. What a girl!


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.