Sunday, May 10, 2009

MoThER's DaY

It's Mother's Day. A day we celebrate the wonderful women who have or are raising children (is the job ever really done?). The day when we recognize all the efforts that have been made in our behalf. I am grateful for the "moms" in my life. All the ones that I have been touched by, especially my own mom. She who knows me "Oh, so well". She has loved me for 30 years and is literally a part of my daily life! I love you mom and hope you know how important you are in my life and the best part for me is to know you are only a phone call away!
Spencer made this cute little flower basket for me. I love the little hand made gifts on Mother's Day, the are so cherished.

Mike got me a wonderful bouquet of red roses and I love them! He also will be cooking me dinner with a yummy chocolate dessert. I can't wait!
My day started this morning at 4:30 am, when I loaded 4 sleepy, groggy kids into the car and headed home from Lima. We spent the night at Grandpa Steve's to celebrate his Birthday. Mike was out working already when I got here so I fed the kids, bathed the little boys, ironed church clothes, cleaned up a bad nasty mess in the bathroom on the floor and all over the toilet, and then cleaned up the mess in the kitchen. Yep, what better way to celebrate Mother's Day then doing motherly things!
Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

whitey said...

Yep every day is a Mother's day!! H

Kare Bear said...

Sounds like you had an awesome mother's day!

GrandmaNutt said...

Your attitude and the way you describe your life show that you are one of the few and very rare elect mothers of the world. What a lucky family that has you for a mother. Happy Mother's Day to you and to your great mom.

cousin Vicky


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.