Saturday, May 16, 2009

RaCe FoR ThE CurE

Sharlene, Tiffany, Me, and Nichole
Anna, Stephanie, Tiffany, Sharlene, Me, and Nichole
Below...Me
Not really cute pictures of me. I don't photograph well after I haver ran over 3 miles (anytime really). But I did it. I ran 3.2 miles in 33 mins and 34 secs. Not a fabulous time, but it beat what I hoped it would be! In 3 weeks it will be over 6 miles...
This race was important for more then just running. It was The Race For The Cure and Breast Cancer Awareness. Something I feel strongly about. One year ago I missed this race to be at this special woman's funeral. This year I ran in memory of her, and I even imagined what Coach McGraw would be saying to me when I wanted to slow down or stop. She was a wonderful woman, who touched my life more then I understood as a "young punk kid"! I think of her often!






9 comments:

Sioux said...

Kadie - I'm so proud of you and impressed that you were able to do this for someone you know and obviously had a great deal of feelings for. CONGRATS on a Race well run. You're the BOMB!

Kristin and Seth said...

Great job running! I really had a great time today at the race too. It is so cool to see all of the survivors and remember those who have left us.

SandyKay said...

What a memorable thing to do. You need to send a picture to Jim and the kids. They would be so pleased.

SK

Beth said...

Way to go Kadie! I'm so proud of youfor sticking to it, even with your knee problems! Way to be a great example!

Kare Bear said...

wow that is awesome!!! How neat to be able to do that in memory of a loved one!

Nettie said...

WAY TO GO KADIE!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR DOING THIS RACE. WHAT A GREAT GESTURE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HAD BREAST CANCER AND HAVE SURVIVED, AND THOSE WHO HAVE GONE ON. I TOO AM VERY PROUD OF YOU! YOU ARE AN AWESOME YOUNG LADY AND I ENVY YOU SO MUCH TO BE ABLE TO RUN AND NOT,....NEVER MIND, I WON'T GO IN TO DETAIL. LOVE YOU!

Verfication word is "dista" as in "go for the distance". And you did!

whitey said...

WAY TO GO!! I could not run if my life depended on it

Natalie said...

I ran one....once. It was a lot of fun to see how fast my body got better at running as I trained for it. Good job :)

GrandmaNutt said...

You have a big heart and strong self-discipline and you put both to bear for a perfect cause. Bless you from all of us who have been around cancer of any kind.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.