Sunday, May 24, 2009

OuR WeEkEnD

I have been asked, a numerous amount of times, what we will be doing with our Memorial Day weekend? Well, nothing more then what is usual, for us. Friday night Mike and I spent 3 hours on our yard, and although Better Homes and Gardens will not be calling, I am happier! Saturday we both did our early morning things like feed cows and run, then we collected 5 horses and our kids to head up to the Gates of the Mountains and help brand at a ranch there.
This is Mike's horse Cisco, he bought as a colt with his graduation money and then broke him. One thing to know about him is that he loves roping calves. He comes alive when he gets to. You can see it in him, and that is why he and Mike fit so well together!
We bought Hyrum these yellow topped boots off of ebay for $6.83 brand new. Aren't they great and they fit his personality. He couldn't wait for them to come in the mail. Spencer got a pair of orange topped ones just like them brand new. I have to say that Mike's ebay browsing pays off once in awhile.
Yep and here they are, my 4 children. Sometimes I stop and look at these 4 and get so overwhelmed that they are all mine and that I have such responsibility. Mike and I let time pass and then before we know it we have a 9, 8, 5, and 3 year old who depend on us and look up to us. We love them so much and are grateful they fit into our lifestyle!

I am also happy to report that I witnessed and photographed both Spencer and KwinLee roping and dragging a calf. My day was completed by a barbecue of pork ribs, baked beans, potato salad and lemon bars. Summer can officially begin!


5 comments:

whitey said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL LIFE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE,, A LITTLE JEALOUS OF IT YOU MIGHT SAY.

Jake and Angie said...

Can you believe how they have grown? IT feels like just yesterday we were still in high school. (ok not really)

SandyKay said...

Your Blog design is really cool and the pictures are fabulous. I love KwinLee's pink hat and long ponytail. They are all getting so big.

Give them all a squeeze from us ~ come see us.

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

Great pics. Love the new boots.

Natalie said...

I love reading about what you guys are doing. I don't know why. It just seems like such a different life than I lead, and yet it is so familiar because of who I come from. Your family is just beautiful.


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.