Sunday, September 20, 2009

LaGOoN

Well, we spent a crazy weekend where we packed up the kids, drove 7.5 hours to Utah getting in late Friday night, then waking up and getting to see some great friends and my Grandma in the morning.... AND THEN it was Lagoon time. Let me tell you that our kids were so excited they shook. They could not even fathom what they were in for. Lets just say that Mike and I's love for wild rides and scaring ourselves has been passed down into our four children and it made for an awesome day.
KwinLee and Spencer did all the Roller Coasters except one, oh and Mike did to. Hyrum did as many as they would let him on, and believe me, he would have done everyone if they weren't so diligent about measuring height. Reed loved the ones that would go in a big circle really fast (not his mom though). We loved doing all the rides we could as a family (even if it meant mommy getting soaked). The kids were so good and listened all day. I have to say that they were on their best behavior and the older ones were great at trying things and the little ones were great at being patient.... Oh, it was just a great day. And I ended it by going on Wicked all by myself. I think I could have talked Mike into it if we would have had someone to watch the kids. But I also think Hyrum would have gone without any questions if we would have let him.... We shut the park down and literally just escaped the monsoon that hit right when we pulled out of the parking lot.
This morning we packed up, headed to Richmond to see Mike's Grandpa Pope and visited for a little while before we headed the rest of the way home. Talk about whirlwind, but it was so worth it. The kids did amazingly the whole trip and it was truly enjoyable. The Highway Patrol who pulled Mike over was even generously nice! What a weekend.

4 comments:

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

I am so glad it worked out well for you guys, but man I got exhausted just reading about your trip. I bet you all slept well when you got home! Sounds like a fun time and some good memories.

Nettie said...

So glad you all had such a wonderful weekend. Did sound like a whirlwind though. Glad you are safe back at home again. You couldn't have asked for for nicer weather other than late Saturday night. Ashley, Diana and I were coming home about the time the rain hit. We were going to go see Brad Paisley, but Ash ended up selling her tickets to another couple and we spent the evening with Diana instead. We went and saw the new movie "Cloudy, Chance of Meatballs". Hmmmmmmm! Oh well. Dave is heading your way right now. He will be in Helena tonight and will move on up to Missoula and then parts north and west of y'all for his job.

whitey said...

So did he talk his way out of a ticket?

Mike and Kadie Briggs said...

the officer walked up and took one look at my tired, are you really going to slow down our progress look and he let us go :)


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.