Tuesday, September 8, 2009

LaBor dAy



What a weekend. Saturday evening we headed over to White Sulphur Springs to stay with Mike's family and to spend some time with Buzz and Sharon and their family. The first night brought Mike and I to Jello Wrestling. Waste of good jello if you ask me. I thought that was the one thing we haven't used jello for :) Sunday we went to church and then had a great lunch, followed by a wonderful nap, and then some good visiting and music. Then Mike and I went out on the streets and danced until we thought the carriage would turn into the pumpkin or when those around us had become consumed by "the drink". Monday led us not only into Labor Day, but it was Spencer's 9th Birthday as well. His Grandma Diane made him a great breakfast, he and his sister rode their bikes in the big parade, he went to the rodeo, and then he shared a bunch of cake with family and friends at the park. It was a good day for him and he let us know several times. For his birthday he got a new vest and he wanted his room changed up a bit from the little boy stuff to the more "cool" stuff. So he picked out a new beadspread and we put some things together for him.
At the Rodeo Hyrum rode a sheep. He did pretty good, except his mom missed a few shots coming out of the chutes because the announcer and clown were giving her a bad time and distracting her! He was so excited when he got a dollar and a soda pop. It made his day.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you all had a great weekend. I am so glad Spencer had an enjoyable birthday. You will have to email some pics to me. I can't view them from here. I tried to call a couple of times to wish both kids a Happy Birthday. I will call again later in the week.

whitey said...

Happy Birthday Spencer sounds like you all had a blast and your new room is awesome from the picture I seen. How much dirt did the little mutton buster eat??


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.