Monday, May 19, 2008

A long day and Chocolate Cake

It was yet another long, branding day. The older two kids did not get to stay home from school today though. All in all it was a good day. Not as hot as Friday and we did not have as many to do. We had a great lunch, that was all prepared, I just had to pop it in the oven and set it out.

Tonight I brought some of the left overs home. Included was a chocolate cake from Costco. The kind that is 4 layers thick, with fudge like frosting, and then giant chocolate shavings on the side. It is not only beautiful, but it tastes heavenly. Well, Reed was throwing one of his I want your attention and I want it now, fits. I locked myself in my room so I could clean up and get some of the stink off of me. When I came out of my room, there he was, bellied up to the counter with a fork and knife. He was eating the chocolate cake as fast as he could shovel it in his mouth. I guess that his fit had something to do with being hungry. His face was covered in chocolate, and it was hard not to just grab a fork and join him. It brought back memories of the "Dad is great, he feeds us chocolate cake" story from Bill Cosby. I mean, who wouldn't need a big old piece of the stuff when you are throwing an all out tantrum!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Ranch born and raised, we love the lifestyle that ranching offers. We also enjoy the oppurtunity of passing on the tradition to our four children.